Develop technology, machinery for small farmers: Minister to CIPHET
- Manish Sisodia announces key ministries of Delhi Cabinet
- Maken hits back at Sheila Dikshit, says result extension of 2013 mandate
- Voter lists in hand, Hindu Mahasabha looks for Christians, Muslims on Valentine’s Day
- Child, nurse, wife on vacation among 9 killed as train derails
- In Baramati, Narendra Modi says Sharad Pawar a 'helpful veteran leader'
Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries Charan Das Mahant visited the Central Institute of Post Harvest Engineering and Technology (CIPHET) to get first-hand information regarding research and extension initiatives taken by the institute in the area of post-harvest.
Mahant said the Centre was laying special focus on food processing industry, and CIPHET could play a very important role in this regard. Appreciating a survey conducted by the institute in figuring out post-harvest losses, he said similar studies should also be carried out in future at a large scale. He encouraged scientists to develop technologies and machinery which could help small farmers and enterprise in rural areas.
Dr P R Bhatnagar, officiating director of CIPHET, told the minister about the recent innovations and technologies developed at the institute. "Institute is conducting a number of training programmes for development of entrepreneurship in the area of food processing," he added.
On the occasion, films on the research activities initiated by the CIPHET were screened.