Develop technology, machinery for small farmers: Minister to CIPHET
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Tharoor mocks at Modi's meeting with actors; 80 pc polling in Inner Manipur
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Karthik-led DD face RCB
Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries Charan Das Mahant visited the Central Institute of Post Harvest Engineering and Technology (CIPHET) to get first-hand information regarding research and extension initiatives taken by the institute in the area of post-harvest.
Mahant said the Centre was laying special focus on food processing industry, and CIPHET could play a very important role in this regard. Appreciating a survey conducted by the institute in figuring out post-harvest losses, he said similar studies should also be carried out in future at a large scale. He encouraged scientists to develop technologies and machinery which could help small farmers and enterprise in rural areas.
Dr P R Bhatnagar, officiating director of CIPHET, told the minister about the recent innovations and technologies developed at the institute. "Institute is conducting a number of training programmes for development of entrepreneurship in the area of food processing," he added.
On the occasion, films on the research activities initiated by the CIPHET were screened.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18