Development works in Narela, Bawana to complete in a yr:DSIIDC
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi addresses a rally in Assam; Sonia Gandhi to address a rally in Amethi today
Delhi State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corp (DSIIDC) is looking to complete the development works in Narela and Bawana industrial areas in the north-western part of the national capital within a year, an official of the corporation said.
"The work, which had started in December last year, is being done at an investment of Rs 402.74 crore through the public-private partnership (PPP) route. It is on schedule and will be completed within a year," he said.
Besides Narela and Bawana, the DSIIDC has also selected 2 more industrial estates -- Okhla and Patparganj to be redeveloped and managed through build-operate-transfer (BOT) concession route through a private partner for 15 years, he added.
Moreover, the Corporation is also developing a multi-level manufacturing hub in Mundka-Ranikhera area and a knowledge based industries park in Baprola area in West Delhi.
The knowledge-based industries park is estimated to cost Rs 1,800 crore and is being developed in 83 acres, the DSIIDC official said, adding that the park is expected to provide direct and indirect employments to about 2.7 lakh people.
"The project will cater to specific needs of industries like information technology, IT-enabled services, media, gems and jewellery," he said.
The initiatives and projects are part of DSIIDC's plans to bring more investments and industries to Delhi.
In 2010-11, the corporation had achieved its highest-ever profit of Rs 117 crore and a turnover of Rs 3,111 crore.