DFSC issues rosters to ration depot holders
- Moga molestation case: Family refuses to cremate victim, seeks cancellation of bus firm's permit
- Ramdev rebuts Opposition, says his medicine doesn't promise male child
- Economic policy 'directionless', minorities anxious: Shourie on Modi government
- Six Baltimore officers face murder charges in black man shooting
- 'All of a sudden, I saw light': Nepal earthquake survivor recounts rescue
To streamline the process of supply of kerosine oil, the District Food and Civil Supply Controller (DFSC) here today issued depot roasters to all the ration depots.
According to HS Mokha, DFSC, Ludhiana,"There are about 800 ration depots in the district. After checking our office record, we detected about one lakh bogus consumers who are taking kerosene oil from ration depots. We have issued roasters to all the depot holders in which we have told them the amount of kerosine oil to be supplied to each of them. We will supply kerosine oil according to the number of entitled consumers of a particular ration depot. Under this, we have covered people from three categories, ie. below poverty line, Anna Antodaya and blue card holders. After supplying oil to these, we will see as how much more oil can be supplied to these depots for consumers who need it but do not come under any of these categories."
The DFSC has taken up this step after learning that the kerosine oil is not supplied to the right beneficiaries, who desreve it and is misused by the ration depot holders.
The DFSC said, "We will take the feedback from the people also, so as to ascertain whether they are getting their due or nor. "