DFSC issues rosters to ration depot holders
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
To streamline the process of supply of kerosine oil, the District Food and Civil Supply Controller (DFSC) here today issued depot roasters to all the ration depots.
According to HS Mokha, DFSC, Ludhiana,"There are about 800 ration depots in the district. After checking our office record, we detected about one lakh bogus consumers who are taking kerosene oil from ration depots. We have issued roasters to all the depot holders in which we have told them the amount of kerosine oil to be supplied to each of them. We will supply kerosine oil according to the number of entitled consumers of a particular ration depot. Under this, we have covered people from three categories, ie. below poverty line, Anna Antodaya and blue card holders. After supplying oil to these, we will see as how much more oil can be supplied to these depots for consumers who need it but do not come under any of these categories."
The DFSC has taken up this step after learning that the kerosine oil is not supplied to the right beneficiaries, who desreve it and is misused by the ration depot holders.
The DFSC said, "We will take the feedback from the people also, so as to ascertain whether they are getting their due or nor. "
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today