DFSC issues rosters to ration depot holders
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
To streamline the process of supply of kerosine oil, the District Food and Civil Supply Controller (DFSC) here today issued depot roasters to all the ration depots.
According to HS Mokha, DFSC, Ludhiana,"There are about 800 ration depots in the district. After checking our office record, we detected about one lakh bogus consumers who are taking kerosene oil from ration depots. We have issued roasters to all the depot holders in which we have told them the amount of kerosine oil to be supplied to each of them. We will supply kerosine oil according to the number of entitled consumers of a particular ration depot. Under this, we have covered people from three categories, ie. below poverty line, Anna Antodaya and blue card holders. After supplying oil to these, we will see as how much more oil can be supplied to these depots for consumers who need it but do not come under any of these categories."
The DFSC has taken up this step after learning that the kerosine oil is not supplied to the right beneficiaries, who desreve it and is misused by the ration depot holders.