Dharamendra, Asha Parekh get lifetime achievement award
- Hardik Patel walks out of Lajpore jail after nine months
- Op Sankat Mochan: First flight carrying evacuated Indians from South Sudan reaches Kerala
- Behind Nice attack, a Caliphate in retreat
- Infosys Q1 net profit up 13 percent, but misses estimates; shares slide
- Arunachal CM Tuki wants 'reasonable' time, says Gov decision for floor test by Saturday 'hasty'
Veteran Bollywood actors Dharmendra and Asha Parekh were honoured with lifetime achievement awards during the second Nashik International Film Festival (NIFF).
While Dharmendra was felicitated by Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, a memento and citation was presented to Asha Parekh by Devisingh Shekhavat, husband of President Pratibha Patil here last night.
Dharmendra recalled his association with Nashik and said he was overwhelmed as he was being felicitated at the birth place of late Dadasaheb Phalke, father of Indian cinema.
Asha Parekh urged people to enjoy life and stay united.
- ‘Strangeness’ of SC Arunachal verdict lies in its upholding of constitutional morality
- Bangladesh urgently needs to overhaul its anti-terror strategy
- New Delhi’s reverie is rudely interrupted by Kashmir reality again
- India’s population stabilisation: Three states hold the key
- The bully is bad news for the victim — and for himself
- In the Northeast, an uneasy new alliance