Dharavi resident threatens to kill husband of married ‘friend’, rapes her
- LIVE: Telangana is India's 29th state as Rajya Sabha passes Bill amidst chaos
- Supreme Court stays release of Rajiv Gandhi killers after Centre opposes Jayalalithaa's decision
- Rahul Gandhi's remark on Rajiv killers a drama to divert attention: Kumar Vishwas
- Tribal activist Soni Sori, ex-Infosys CFO V Bala join Aam Aadmi Party
- Andhra: Three girls of a family abducted, set ablaze by uncle
Dharavi resident threatens to kill husband of married 'friend', rapes her
Police on Friday arrested a Dharavi resident for allegedly raping a married woman earlier this month. The man allegedly stuck her photograph carrying an insulting caption near her house, after which she approached police. The man has been arrested.
According to Vakola police, the 30-year-old married woman from Kalina met the accused, Nagesh Kunchikurve, five years ago and subsequently became close. Three years ago, she severed relations with him.
Police said Kunchikurve started calling up the woman in December last year, demanding that she sleep with him, but she refused.
He allegedly told her he had some photographs of them together which, although not obscene, were suggestive, and threatened to show them to her husband. When the woman did not give in, he allegedly threatened to kill her husband.
After which she allegedly relented and met Kunchikurve at a secluded place in Kalina on January 5, where he allegedly raped her.
"On Wednesday, she found a poster bearing her photograph and an obscene caption stuck to an electricity pole outside her house. Her husband also saw it and confronted her, after which she broke down and told him the truth," said Police Sub Inspector Pallavi Kulkarni.
The victim and her husband on Thursday approached Vakola police and registered a complaint against Kunchikurve.
He was picked up from his Dharavi residence and placed under arrest. Kunchikurve denied he put up the poster near the victim's house.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state