Dhavade murder: 3 arrested, including Landage’s son
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
A day after the murder of criminal Sachin Dhavade alias Gotya (35), the Bhosari police arrested three persons, including the 20-year-old son of Ankush Landage, the BJP corporator who was murdered in 2006. Police had said that the murder was to avenge the murder as Dhavade was the prime accused in the case.
In a well planned attack that was executed to avenge Landage's murder, Dhavade was brutally attacked and died of severe head injuries and stabbing around Thursday noon. One more person Ankush Lakde (27), who was a member of the group that had come to attack, also died of bullet injury. Police on Friday arrested Ankush Landage's son Rahul and his two accomplices Kishor Madhukar Sakhare (21) and Abhishek Shivaji Jare (22), all residents of Dhavade vasti. A complaint in this regard was registered by Shrikant Dhavade, Gotya's cousin.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone III) Shahaji Umap said, "We have also identified 12 more suspects in the case. It is now clear that the attack was planned and was carried out to avenge the 2006 murder. We have recovered the weapons used for the murder and the tempo that was used by the suspects." Umap added, "Various teams are on the lookout for the rest of the suspects."
Another senior police officer said, "All the suspects are youths aged between 20 and 25. Most of them have no criminal background. It is worrying that they got involved in such a brutal attack." Situation in Dhavade vasti in Bhosari remained tensed but under control, police said. The arrested suspects were produced before the court on Friday and have been remanded in police custody till January 7.
As an immediate aftermath of the murder in 2006, two more persons, including Gotya's uncle Chandrakant Dhavade, were murdered. Chandrakant was set on fire. The rioters had then attacked local residents and had set houses, bikes and cars in the area on fire.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express