Dhawan leads the way for Reliance
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
Captain of the Delhi Ranji team Shikhar Dhawan top scored with 62 while Jalaj Saxena's made a quickfire contribution of 44 from 22 balls as Reliance One scored a 15-run victory over strong contenders Canara Bank. Reliance's win was their second on the trot, to qualify for the quarter-finals form Group C in the 9th edition of the All India Dr D Y Patil T20 Cricket Tournament at the D Y Stadium, Nerul on Monday.
Batting first Reliance 1 lost two key wickets of Virender Sehwag (7) and skipper Parthiv Patel (13), both bowled inside the power play by NC Aiyappa and C Raghu respectively with only 33 runs on the board. Opener Shikhar Dhawan then found an able ally in Jalaj Saxena as the two set about rebuilding the innings. They put on 77 runs in 54 balls for the third wicket. Left arm spinner Abrar Kazi (2/22) brought about the down fall of Saxena (44) in the 14th over. Dhawan in the meantime completed his half century comprising four boundaries and two sixes in 38 balls, before he mistimed one and was caught at midwicket off Raju Bhatkal bowling in the 17th over. Reliance 1 scored 158 for 8 in their allotted overs.
Chasing, Canara Bank were restricted to 143 for 8, Bharat Chipli's 36 and a cameo of 47 from 33 balls by southpaw Amit Verma in vain. Rishi Dhawan (3 for 29) was the most successful bowler for Reliance 1.
In afternoon matches, hosts Dr D Y Patil Group 'B' and Jain Irrigation scored comprehensive victories over their rivals State Bank Of Travancore and ONGC respectively and kept their hope alive for a place in the quarter finals stage from Group 'B' and Group 'C'. Powered by half centuries from opener Subramaniam D (54) and all-rounder Manpreet Juneja (63 n.o. and 2 for 9) Dr D Y Patil Group 'B' put up an impressive 198 for 3 in 20 overs against State Bank of Travancore and then restricted them to 128 for 8 in 20 overs for a convincing victory.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'