Dhillon new PAU VC
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Dr Baldev Singh Dhillon takes over as the 13 th Vice Chancellor of the Punjab Agricultural University. Dr Dhillon succeeds Dr Manjit Singh Kang who retired in April this year. The decision was taken by PAU Board of Mangement at a meeting on Wednesday. Dr Dhillon's name was on top of the list followed by that of Dr J S Samra and Dr S N Puri.FCD Navreet Singh Kang who in his capacity of officiating Vice Chancellor of the University read out the recommendation of the selection committee.
A renowned scientist of international repute, Dr Dhillon earlier served in ( ICAR) as Assistant Director General, and Director of National Bureau of Plant Genetic Research (NBPGR). Dr. Dhillon had been Director of Research of PAU and Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) , Amritsar. An expert in maize,he is known for breakthroughs in maize breeding in particular and crop improvement research in general.
In a telephonic conversation with The Indian Express Dr Dhillon currently in University of Hohenheim, Stuttgard, Germany said: "Hard work and motivating the scientists at PAU are my main aims. I have served this university as DR and know it strengths".