Dhillon new PAU VC
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: KKR score 163/5 against MI
Dr Baldev Singh Dhillon takes over as the 13 th Vice Chancellor of the Punjab Agricultural University. Dr Dhillon succeeds Dr Manjit Singh Kang who retired in April this year. The decision was taken by PAU Board of Mangement at a meeting on Wednesday. Dr Dhillon's name was on top of the list followed by that of Dr J S Samra and Dr S N Puri.FCD Navreet Singh Kang who in his capacity of officiating Vice Chancellor of the University read out the recommendation of the selection committee.
A renowned scientist of international repute, Dr Dhillon earlier served in ( ICAR) as Assistant Director General, and Director of National Bureau of Plant Genetic Research (NBPGR). Dr. Dhillon had been Director of Research of PAU and Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) , Amritsar. An expert in maize,he is known for breakthroughs in maize breeding in particular and crop improvement research in general.
In a telephonic conversation with The Indian Express Dr Dhillon currently in University of Hohenheim, Stuttgard, Germany said: "Hard work and motivating the scientists at PAU are my main aims. I have served this university as DR and know it strengths".