Dhillon new PAU VC
- Draft National Encryption Policy gives Govt key to Whatsapp messages, mail
- Why Rahul Gandhi is suddenly obsessed with Narendra Modi
- Bilaspur tunnel collapse: Two of the three trapped workers rescued after nine days
- Bombay HC refuses to relax ban on beef during Bakri Eid
- NRHM scam: CBI to quiz Mayawati to unravel 'larger conspiracy'
Dr Baldev Singh Dhillon takes over as the 13 th Vice Chancellor of the Punjab Agricultural University. Dr Dhillon succeeds Dr Manjit Singh Kang who retired in April this year. The decision was taken by PAU Board of Mangement at a meeting on Wednesday. Dr Dhillon's name was on top of the list followed by that of Dr J S Samra and Dr S N Puri.FCD Navreet Singh Kang who in his capacity of officiating Vice Chancellor of the University read out the recommendation of the selection committee.
A renowned scientist of international repute, Dr Dhillon earlier served in ( ICAR) as Assistant Director General, and Director of National Bureau of Plant Genetic Research (NBPGR). Dr. Dhillon had been Director of Research of PAU and Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) , Amritsar. An expert in maize,he is known for breakthroughs in maize breeding in particular and crop improvement research in general.