Dhillon new PAU VC
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Dr Baldev Singh Dhillon takes over as the 13 th Vice Chancellor of the Punjab Agricultural University. Dr Dhillon succeeds Dr Manjit Singh Kang who retired in April this year. The decision was taken by PAU Board of Mangement at a meeting on Wednesday. Dr Dhillon's name was on top of the list followed by that of Dr J S Samra and Dr S N Puri.FCD Navreet Singh Kang who in his capacity of officiating Vice Chancellor of the University read out the recommendation of the selection committee.
A renowned scientist of international repute, Dr Dhillon earlier served in ( ICAR) as Assistant Director General, and Director of National Bureau of Plant Genetic Research (NBPGR). Dr. Dhillon had been Director of Research of PAU and Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) , Amritsar. An expert in maize,he is known for breakthroughs in maize breeding in particular and crop improvement research in general.
In a telephonic conversation with The Indian Express Dr Dhillon currently in University of Hohenheim, Stuttgard, Germany said: "Hard work and motivating the scientists at PAU are my main aims. I have served this university as DR and know it strengths".
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today