Dhillon new PAU VC
- Oommen Chandy writes to PM Modi over Kerala House raid; canteen drops 'beef curry' from menu
- Amit Mishra released on bail after being held for assaulting woman
- PM Modi taunts Nitish Kumar, likens Grand Alliance to 'Three Idiots'
- Pakistan's Edhi foundation turns down Rs 1 cr donation announced by PM Modi
- Have withdrawn controversial circular on sedition: Maha govt to HC
Dr Baldev Singh Dhillon takes over as the 13 th Vice Chancellor of the Punjab Agricultural University. Dr Dhillon succeeds Dr Manjit Singh Kang who retired in April this year. The decision was taken by PAU Board of Mangement at a meeting on Wednesday. Dr Dhillon's name was on top of the list followed by that of Dr J S Samra and Dr S N Puri.FCD Navreet Singh Kang who in his capacity of officiating Vice Chancellor of the University read out the recommendation of the selection committee.
A renowned scientist of international repute, Dr Dhillon earlier served in ( ICAR) as Assistant Director General, and Director of National Bureau of Plant Genetic Research (NBPGR). Dr. Dhillon had been Director of Research of PAU and Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) , Amritsar. An expert in maize,he is known for breakthroughs in maize breeding in particular and crop improvement research in general.
- Draw uniform civil code from different personal laws, give primacy to gender equity
- From the breadbasket of India, Punjab has become a basket-case economy
- Pakistan’s nuclear weapons may not deter Indian retaliation, but destruction mutual
- Writers were not blind to ‘love jihad’ or ‘ghar wapsi’, our agitation not manufactured
- In search of the enemy- the minority Shias of Bangladesh
- A vein of discontent is giving rise to armed militancy