Dhoni set for hat-trick as highest individual tax payer
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
Team India Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has paid Rs 12 crore income tax so far this fiscal and the department is optimistic that he would accomplish a hat-trick as the highest individual income taxpayer in Jharkhand.
"M S Dhoni has paid Rs 12 crore so far. We expect he would become the highest income tax payer in the individual category from the state when the 2012-13 fiscal will end in March," a senior Income Tax official told PTI over phone.
"For the last two years, he has been the highest payer as an individual. We hope he crosses last year's payment of Rs 17 crore this time," the official added.
Company-wise, Central Coalfields Limited has been the highest income tax payer from Jharkhand, he added.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota