'Dhoom: 3' becomes first Indian film to gross Rs 500 crore
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
Action thriller 'Dhoom: 3' has scripted history by becoming the first Bollywood film to gross Rs 500 crore across the world, Yash Raj Films claimed today.
The blockbuster, starring Aamir Khan, Katrina Kaif and Abhishek Bachchan, raked in Rs 500 crore by making Rs 351.29 crore in India and Rs 150.06 crore abroad, according to the production house.
It is the third instalment of 'Dhoom' series.
The movie was helmed by Vijay Krishna Acharya and produced by Aditya Chopra.
'Dhoom: 3', saw Abhishek and Uday Chopra reprising their roles as Jai Dixit and Ali Akbar, respectively, while actors Aamir and Katrina were seen as the antagonist duo.
The movie has surpassed the previous highest-grossing Bollywood film "Chennai Express" starring Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone.