'Dhoom: 3' becomes first Indian film to gross Rs 500 crore
- Jaswant Singh expelled from BJP
- Sabir Ali says he will file defamation case against Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, claims he is more popular
- I am proud of my 'RSS roots' says Modi, slams Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul disapproves of Imran Masood's alleged hate speech, says âthis is not the Cong wayâ
- March 29 Elections round up: Modi says Congress Mukht India, corruption free India; Sabir Ali files defamation case against Naqvi
Action thriller 'Dhoom: 3' has scripted history by becoming the first Bollywood film to gross Rs 500 crore across the world, Yash Raj Films claimed today.
The blockbuster, starring Aamir Khan, Katrina Kaif and Abhishek Bachchan, raked in Rs 500 crore by making Rs 351.29 crore in India and Rs 150.06 crore abroad, according to the production house.
It is the third instalment of 'Dhoom' series.
The movie was helmed by Vijay Krishna Acharya and produced by Aditya Chopra.
'Dhoom: 3', saw Abhishek and Uday Chopra reprising their roles as Jai Dixit and Ali Akbar, respectively, while actors Aamir and Katrina were seen as the antagonist duo.
The movie has surpassed the previous highest-grossing Bollywood film "Chennai Express" starring Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone.