'Dhoom: 3' becomes first Indian film to gross Rs 500 crore
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Action thriller 'Dhoom: 3' has scripted history by becoming the first Bollywood film to gross Rs 500 crore across the world, Yash Raj Films claimed today.
The blockbuster, starring Aamir Khan, Katrina Kaif and Abhishek Bachchan, raked in Rs 500 crore by making Rs 351.29 crore in India and Rs 150.06 crore abroad, according to the production house.
It is the third instalment of 'Dhoom' series.
The movie was helmed by Vijay Krishna Acharya and produced by Aditya Chopra.
'Dhoom: 3', saw Abhishek and Uday Chopra reprising their roles as Jai Dixit and Ali Akbar, respectively, while actors Aamir and Katrina were seen as the antagonist duo.
The movie has surpassed the previous highest-grossing Bollywood film "Chennai Express" starring Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone.