'Dhoom: 3' collects Rs 36 cr on opening day, beats 'Chennai Express', 'Krrish 3'
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
- AAPâs existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
- CBI chief for closing Lalu cases, director of prosecution doesnât agree
- Maoist attack: gaps between official version, facts on ground
- Trouble for Khobragade as govt finds daughters have US, Indian passports
Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan is a happy dad as his son Abhishek Bachchan's 'Dhoom: 3' has in his own words had a 'spellbindingo' start.
Big B tweeted: "#Dhoom3 ...Taran Adarsh, trade aficionado, sms's me .. all India collection for 1 day Friday : Rs 36.22 cr !! SPELLBINDINGO !!"
Taran Adaarsh further informed via Twitter: "#Dhoom3 shatters all previous records in Pakistan. Collects $ 210,000 [₹ 1.30 cr; PKR 2.23 cr] on Friday." He added: "#Dhoom3 is the BIGGEST opener in UAE-GCC. Collects $ 1,279,000 [₹ 7.93 cr]. AWESOME!"
According to the film critic, Aamir Khan and Katrina Kaif starrer 'Dhoom:3' is also the highest opening ever for a Bollywood film. Raking in a whopping Rs. 36.22 crores on its opening day the film beats Shah Rukh Khan's 'Chennai Express' (Rs 33.1 crore) and Hrithik Roshan's 'Krrish 3' (Rs 35 crore).
Taran Adarsh tweeted: "#Dhoom3 emerges the BIGGEST non-holiday opener ever. Collects ₹ 30 cr+ [early est] on Friday. Hindi version only. Dhoom macha diya indeed!"
The fact that the third film in Yash Raj Film's 'Dhoom' series was the most anticipated film of the 2013, there a few more records to be shattered!