Aamir Khan's 'Dhoom: 3' collects Rs 233 crore worldwide in 5 days
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
Bollywood icon Aamir Khan's latest release 'Dhoom: 3' has taken over the world by storm as the film has collected Rs. 233.57 crore worldwide as of Tuesday (december 24). Film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted: "Here's *Fri to Tue* total of #Dhoom3: India ₹ 149.46 cr + Overseas ₹ 84.11 cr [$ 13.11 mn +]. Worldwide total: ₹ 233.57 cr."
In India, Aamir Khan's 'Dhoom: 3', co-starring Katrina Kaif and Abhishek Bachchan, smashed the opening day and opening weekend collection records set by Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Chennai Express' and Hrithik Roshan's 'Krrish 3'.
'Dhoom: 3' has also broken box office records in Pakistan. In the country's largest city of Karachi, 'Dhoom: 3's box office receipts from 56 screens on its opening day was around Rs 20 million shattering Pakistani film 'Waar's record of Rs 11.4 million on its opening day.
'Dhoom: 3' was released at a time when the screening of Indian movies has come under a cloud because of an order from the Lahore High Court barring the exhibition of "illegally" imported films.
The 'Dhoom: 3' craze in Karachi has reached such heights that multiplexes are running the film on all their screens and having five shows a day on one screen - something unheard of in the Pakistani film industry.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held