Dhoti meets grunge
- Suit Boot ki Sarkar better than 'Suitcase' sarkar, says PM Modi
- 7.8 magnitude earthquake strikes almost 194 km off Japan coast
- Heat wave death toll in Andhra, Telengana, Odisha crosses 2200
- Modi government decides to re-promulgate Land Ordinance for third time
- 'I want to seek forgiveness from her and God,' says Aruna Shanbaug's assailant
The Indo-Western fusion
Rockstar jettisoned Ranbir Kapoor in the big league. The film sees the star who wears a combination of dhoti-pants with T-shirts, grunge military jackets, junk jewellery and army caps make a style statement. The look surely packed a punch with the youngsters who loved the rugged rockstar look the actor portrayed. It became a great hit on the runway too, with designers like Masaba Gupta and Nida Mahmood reconstructing this quintessential Indian garment to suit the sensibilities of modern young crowd. The look was also replicated in Tusshar and Riteish Deshmukh-starrer comedy Kya Super Kool Hai Hum.