Dhoti meets grunge
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- BJP sacks Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra; Ansari not to contest against Modi
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- Mulayam questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
The Indo-Western fusion
Rockstar jettisoned Ranbir Kapoor in the big league. The film sees the star who wears a combination of dhoti-pants with T-shirts, grunge military jackets, junk jewellery and army caps make a style statement. The look surely packed a punch with the youngsters who loved the rugged rockstar look the actor portrayed. It became a great hit on the runway too, with designers like Masaba Gupta and Nida Mahmood reconstructing this quintessential Indian garment to suit the sensibilities of modern young crowd. The look was also replicated in Tusshar and Riteish Deshmukh-starrer comedy Kya Super Kool Hai Hum.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi