Dhoti meets grunge
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
The Indo-Western fusion
Rockstar jettisoned Ranbir Kapoor in the big league. The film sees the star who wears a combination of dhoti-pants with T-shirts, grunge military jackets, junk jewellery and army caps make a style statement. The look surely packed a punch with the youngsters who loved the rugged rockstar look the actor portrayed. It became a great hit on the runway too, with designers like Masaba Gupta and Nida Mahmood reconstructing this quintessential Indian garment to suit the sensibilities of modern young crowd. The look was also replicated in Tusshar and Riteish Deshmukh-starrer comedy Kya Super Kool Hai Hum.