Dhoti meets grunge
- Yakub Memon's mercy plea rejected, Sena calls it a message to terrorists
- Ready to discuss Sushma in Parliament, but not Raje, Chouhan: Arun Jaitley
- RS deadlock: Govt ready for debate, Oppn says get your ministers to resign first
- SC rejects Centre's review against scrapping quota for Jats
- Curfew in Jamshedpur after clashes over alleged eve teasing, at least 100 arrested
The Indo-Western fusion
Rockstar jettisoned Ranbir Kapoor in the big league. The film sees the star who wears a combination of dhoti-pants with T-shirts, grunge military jackets, junk jewellery and army caps make a style statement. The look surely packed a punch with the youngsters who loved the rugged rockstar look the actor portrayed. It became a great hit on the runway too, with designers like Masaba Gupta and Nida Mahmood reconstructing this quintessential Indian garment to suit the sensibilities of modern young crowd. The look was also replicated in Tusshar and Riteish Deshmukh-starrer comedy Kya Super Kool Hai Hum.