Dhunjibhoy is new chairman of RWITC
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
Khushroo Dhunjibhoy, of the Nanoli Stud Farm, will take over as the new chairman of the Royal Western India Turf Club (RWITC) for 2012-13, edging out three-time chairman Vivek Jain 5-4 at the 97th Annual General Meeting (AGM) held at the Mahalaxmi Race Course Tuesday.
According to the RWITC website, 1,061 votes were cast for the elections of which 16 were invalid. Jain won the overall majority with 824 votes. Champaklal Zaveri received 760 votes, while Khushroo Dhunjibhoy won 567 votes. While 11 members had contested for several posts in the panel, Maj SK Lamba and DS Oza did not qualify as they secured 310 and 93 votes. While Dhunjibhoy was visibly elated on the results, he said there will be a string of new ideas that he will be implementing, which in turn will be helpful for the sport. Dhunjibhoy's election marks his return to the post that Vivek Jain had made his own in the past three years.