Diageo set to take over Mallya’s United Spirits in Rs 11,166-cr deal
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
However, the completion of the acquisition of shares is subject to the condition of the release of all security interests over the USL shares to be acquired by Diageo. They also include the receipt of mandatory regulatory approvals (including competition approvals) in India and elsewhere. The completion of the acquisition and tender offer is expected to occur in the first quarter of 2013. Diageo will fund the acquisition through existing cash resources and debt. Diageo believes that its financial strength supports its current single A credit rating and will hold discussions with the rating agencies as a consequence of this announcement.
Analysts expressed optimism about the deal. "Some of the Mallya group companies have been in turbulence for some time. This is his final opportunity to revive the fortune of the group," said Jagannadham Thunuguntla, head of research at SMC Investments and Advisors.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today