Diarrhoea outbreak in Purulia
- India rejects US report on religious freedom, says it's based on 'limited understanding'
- Petrol prices hiked by Rs 3.96 a litre and diesel by Rs 2.37
- Jaitley replies to Rahul's jibe, says this is 'sooj-boojh ki sarkar'
- Punjab bus molestation: Driver, three others arrested, Badals face the heat
- Modi govt 'abandoning' farmers, backing 'crony capitalists': Rahul Gandhi
Around a hundred residents of Purulia, including 10 students, are suffering from diarrhoea, officials said on Monday. The outbreak has been reported from three wards of Purulia Municipality and the patients were admitted to the district hospital.
Five injured in leopard attack
Jalpaiguri: Five persons were on Monday seriously injured when a leopard attacked them in defence in a tea garden of Jalpaiguri district. Officials said the leopard ventured into a labourer's colony in the Tandu tea garden of Nagrakata block.
6 girls rescued from red light area
Siliguri: Six minor girls were rescued from the red light area here by Siliguri police on Monday. Of the six, one hailed from Assam and the rest from Sikkim, police said.