Diary of a Bollywood Diva
- After slamming govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Modi at 7RCR
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at Centre, says MHA notification politically motivated
- Death toll climbs to 1412 as intense heat wave continues
- India wanted Bofors remark of President retracted: Swedish daily
- Extra-Constitutional authorities were really wielding power in UPA: PM
A mixed verdict at the box office notwithstanding, actress Kareena Kapoor KHAN on why she swears by talent, her unique style quotient and passion for cinema
The newly minted Kareena Kapoor Khan at hubby Saif Ali Khan's Illuminati office is not a new sight, nor is the casual track pants and tee attire, reiterating the point that not much in her life has changed post her much-talked-about wedding to co-star and partner Saif Ali Khan last month. Eagerly awaiting the verdict on Reema Kagti's Talaash, her fourth film this year toplining Aamir Khan and Rani Mukerji, she opens up about playing Rosie.
Nothing seems to have changed since your high-profile wedding this October...
* No really (laughs). Except that now no one can ask me when I am going to get married. Acting is my passion and that's what I want to continue doing. I want to star in different roles, strike a balance between commercial and performance-driven films. That I can do both is also my USP .
Talaash appears to be a promising film, what can the viewers expect?
* The unexpected. It is a whodunnit fully set in Mumbai, but in a very different way. Rosie, the character I play is a prostitute, and though I played one in Chameli too, this is in a completely different zone. I am telling you, no one has done a role like this. The character will just shock you. I have played it with my instinct.
Personally, do you enjoy thrillers?
* I love murder mysteries. I have watched all Hercule Poirot series. I don't read much, but I have watched all of Agatha Christie movies. Recently I watched The Killings, which is a Dutch television show about the murder of an 18 year old girl; it has also been made in English now. It's absolutely stunning. You must look it up.