Did not get death threat complaint: Hoshiarpur SSP
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Citizen's activists and co-ordinator of Yuvsatta, an NGO working on youth development, Pramod Sharma, said that the "...police officials who have been found to be involved in the dereliction of duty should be fined". He also said that cases like the Jyoti-murder case should be completed in a 'time-limit'.
Another activist, Hemant Goswami, said that the way the police is working on investigation of different cases only "...shows that police force has not been de-colonised as of now."