Didnít ask Muslims to back Modi, says Shahabuddin
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Arshad Madani and Maulana Nomani (both factions of Jaimat Ulema e Hind), Tariq Anwar (NCP), Zafarul Islam (head of Majlis e Mushawarat), Dr Manzoor Alam (All India Milli Council), Mohd Ahmed (Jamaat e Islami) have been addressed in the clarification letter.
Shahabuddin has apologised for using the letterhead of the JCMOE (whose component organisations have distanced themselves from the letter) and said using the letterhead was a "mistake" as the letter was a "personal and strategic" initiative.
The storm over his suggested 'advice' to Muslims created complications for Shahabuddin, as his daughter is a minister in the JD(U)-BJP government in Bihar. The banner headlines in the Urdu press suggested that he had taken this stand as a part of his personal agenda.