Watching porn on smartphone, tablet 'easiest way to catch virus', says report
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi HC upholds death sentence of four convicts
- US investigators suspect missing Malaysia jetliner flew for hours after losing contact
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
- US court dismisses Devyani Khobragade's indictment in visa fraud case
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
Watching pornography on a smartphone or tablet is a potentially risky thrill as it is the easiest way to catch a virus on your device, a new study has revealed.
According to a report by Blue Coat, compared to a PC, a user is three times more likely to accidentally download malware when using a mobile device to look up x-rated material.
The web security and optimization company also said that nearly one-quarter of malware on phones and tablets comes from visits to porn sites, the Daily Mail reports.
This study, reported by CNNMoney, claimed that prurient browsing on phones is not that common, adding that less than one percent of all mobile traffic is to pornographic destinations.
Yet the report also states that porn has led to more malware on smartphones and tablets than e-mail spam, malicious websites, and fake apps put together.
According to the paper, Blue Coat claimed that a major part of the problem is the way URLs are displayed on a phone browser, which makes it more difficult for users to tell if the site is legitimate or malicious.
Unlike on a PC or a desktop computer, for example, there is no way to hover over and preview a link for warning signs, it added