Didn't intend to degrade Lohan with Monroe comparison: Megan Fox
- Parliament LIVE: Snooping on Rahul not right, says Congress; 'Asking for facts is not snooping'
- Waste paper to phone use: Govt revives checklist against leaks
- 14 booked for church vandalism in Haryana, cross replaced with Hanuman idol
- Pakistan: Protesters hit the streets after blasts near Lahore churches leave 15 dead
- No arrests in Bengal nun ‘rape’, church attack, local Christians nervous
Hollywood beauty Megan Fox, who recently compared troubled actress Lindsay Lohan to Marilyn Monroe, has defended herself by saying she never intended to degrade anyone.
The 'Transformers' star has taken to social networking site Facebook to clarify about her interview, reported Ace Showbiz.
"The journalist and I were discussing why I was removing my Marilyn Monroe tattoo, especially since in his opinion, Marilyn was such a powerful and iconic figure for women.
"I attempted to draw parallels between Lindsay and Marilyn in order to illustrate my point that while Marilyn may be an icon now, sadly she was not respected and taken seriously while she was still living," she said.
The 26-year-old new mother said that like Monroe Lohan is very talented but has a troubled life.
"Both women were gifted actresses, whose natural talent was lost amongst the chaos and incessant media scrutiny surrounding their lifestyles and their difficulties adhering to studio schedules etc. I intended for this to be a factual comparison of two women with similar experiences in Hollywood," she continues.
Insisting that she did not intend to criticize or degrade Lohan, she added, "Unfortunately it turned into me offering up what is really much more of an uneducated opinion... I would never want her to feel bullied, as she does not deserve that. I was not always speaking eloquently during this interview and this miscommunication is my fault."