Didn't want to waste Salman Khan's talent in a cameo: Divya Kumar
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at Narendra Modi, says anger and arrogance have no place in politics
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
Actor-tuned-director Divya Khosla, whose debut film 'Yaariyan' is supported by Salman Khan, says she did not want to waste the superstar's talent by asking him to do a cameo in the movie.
Known for promoting newcomers, Salman is supporting 'Yaariyan' in his own way.
"I wanted to be honest to the subject. There was no place for a cameo, otherwise I would have definitely asked him. Also I didn't want to waste his talent, just to fit him in a cameo," Divya said.
The actress, who is the wife of T-Series head Bhushan Kumar, said she was moved by the efforts taken by the 'Dabangg' star's to promote her film.
"It is really nice of him that he is promoting the film, he tweeted about me. We would also go to 'Bigg Boss' house to promote the film as it is a big platform for all of us," Divya said.
'Yaariyan' is a youth-based musical revolving around the carefree years of college life and friendship.
The film has new faces - Himansh Kohli, Serah Singh, popular model Nicole Faria and others and senior actors like Gulshan Grover and Deepti Naval.
It is scheduled to release on January 10 next year.
Despite her producer husband Bhushan Kumar sharing a good rapport with most of the stars in the industry, Divya did not believe in taking advantage of it and chose to cast newcomers, as it was the demand of the script.
"As a filmmaker I wanted to remain honest to the script. The story is about the youth so the casting required that age group of 20-21 years, and this I could do only with new comers. Today, no (big) Bollywood actor fits in that age group," Divya said.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde
- Kejriwal’s capitalism | The Indian Express
- Singhal: Hindus should have at least 5 children | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Government blames BJP for delay in passage of Telangana bill in Rajya Sabha, may extend Parliament session