Different strokes: Story of 2 bungalows
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
According to a source involved in the work, Patil's daughter Jyoti Rathore who is based in Pune has visited the site to take stock of the renovation work. "She visited on Sundays and took stock of the progress in the renovation work," said a source.
Patil, who was initially supposed to settle down in a specially constructed bungalow on a sprawling four-acre plot in Khadki area was allotted the comparatively smaller accommodation on Pashan Road following a controversy that forced her to forgo the Khadki accomodation.
The Pashan Road bungalow was recently vacated by Superintendent of Police (Pune Wireless Division) who retired in 2011.
In July last year, a security audit by the state police had concluded that the bungalow was 'unsafe' and cited its "uncomfortable proximity to the hills."