Different strokes: Story of 2 bungalows
- Curfew imposed in north Kashmir's Handwara town after killing of two young men
- Wife of NIA officer, shot dead in Bijnore, succumbs to injuries at Delhi hospital
- Panama Papers: Tax queries go out to all the names revealed
- India to raise prisoner Kirpal Singh's death issue in Pakistan at top level
- Cleared in a murder case, BJP’s new UP face has an old shadow
According to a source involved in the work, Patil's daughter Jyoti Rathore who is based in Pune has visited the site to take stock of the renovation work. "She visited on Sundays and took stock of the progress in the renovation work," said a source.
Patil, who was initially supposed to settle down in a specially constructed bungalow on a sprawling four-acre plot in Khadki area was allotted the comparatively smaller accommodation on Pashan Road following a controversy that forced her to forgo the Khadki accomodation.
The Pashan Road bungalow was recently vacated by Superintendent of Police (Pune Wireless Division) who retired in 2011.
- Not just reservations, Dalits also want respect, participation, prosperity and empowerment
- Why the PM’s paeans to Ambedkar ring a little hollow
- For Ambedkar, human dignity mattered more
- Suggestions for public expenditure must also account for opportunity costs
- TV rushes in with some disaster tourism, some sensitive coverage
- The critical bad debt problem calls for deep surgery, not more band aid