Different strokes: Story of 2 bungalows
- The gongs of Behmai: 35 years on, will justice be served?
- Mann Ki Baat: Start-up India to crop insurance, here's all that Modi said
- J-K crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet, discuss govt formation
- MCD strike: Kejriwal supports demands of protesting employees
- Fifth Column: Hope PM Modi has realised that India is not Gujarat
According to a source involved in the work, Patil's daughter Jyoti Rathore who is based in Pune has visited the site to take stock of the renovation work. "She visited on Sundays and took stock of the progress in the renovation work," said a source.
Patil, who was initially supposed to settle down in a specially constructed bungalow on a sprawling four-acre plot in Khadki area was allotted the comparatively smaller accommodation on Pashan Road following a controversy that forced her to forgo the Khadki accomodation.
The Pashan Road bungalow was recently vacated by Superintendent of Police (Pune Wireless Division) who retired in 2011.
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies