Different strokes: Story of 2 bungalows
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
According to a source involved in the work, Patil's daughter Jyoti Rathore who is based in Pune has visited the site to take stock of the renovation work. "She visited on Sundays and took stock of the progress in the renovation work," said a source.
Patil, who was initially supposed to settle down in a specially constructed bungalow on a sprawling four-acre plot in Khadki area was allotted the comparatively smaller accommodation on Pashan Road following a controversy that forced her to forgo the Khadki accomodation.
The Pashan Road bungalow was recently vacated by Superintendent of Police (Pune Wireless Division) who retired in 2011.
In July last year, a security audit by the state police had concluded that the bungalow was 'unsafe' and cited its "uncomfortable proximity to the hills."