Differently-abled girl raped, uncle-son duo arrested
- Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry arrested for vandalising Modi posters
- Modi wants EC to take action against Sonia, says Cong chief resorting to 'rabid communalism'
- Shakti Mills gangrape convicts repeat offenders, says court; may face death sentence
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP to release poll manifesto on April 7
- Sri Lanka vs West Indies Live Cricket Score: Sri Lanka win toss, elect to bat first
A differently-abled woman was allegedly raped by her uncle and cousin at Lonighat village of Beed, police said.
Both the accused have been arrested, they said.
According to Neknoor police, the 23-year-old mentally challenged woman was allegedly raped by her uncle and cousin on various occasions this year at Lonighat village near Beed district of Maharashtra.
A case was registered against the accused – Chintaman Kalyan Jadhav and his son Ganesh Chintaman Jadhav - in this regard on December 24 after the victim's mother lodged a complaint on Sunday.
Following the complaint, the woman was sent to Beed Civil hospital for medical examination which confirmed rape, assistant police inspector Sayyed Asef said.
"We arrested Chintaman Kalyan Jadhav, who is the victim's uncle, on Monday and produced him in Beed court which sent him in police custody till December 31," Asef said.
His son Ganesh Jadhav, the other accused in the case,who was on the run was nabbed yesterday. He was also produced in court yesterday which remanded him to police custody till January 1 next year, Asef added.
- Real science is in small laboratories: Prof Rao
- Unguarded and unkempt, vacant govt houses cry for attention
- Won’t become a politician, will carry forward husband legacy: Savita Bhatti
- Congress screening panel okays Bansal’s name for Lok Sabha ticket
- Gujarat minister Saurabh Patel may reply to EC notice: ‘I’m related to Ambanis’
- SC exonerates BJP leader Bokhiria in businessman murder case