Differently-abled girl raped, uncle-son duo arrested
A differently-abled woman was allegedly raped by her uncle and cousin at Lonighat village of Beed, police said.
Both the accused have been arrested, they said.
According to Neknoor police, the 23-year-old mentally challenged woman was allegedly raped by her uncle and cousin on various occasions this year at Lonighat village near Beed district of Maharashtra.
A case was registered against the accused – Chintaman Kalyan Jadhav and his son Ganesh Chintaman Jadhav - in this regard on December 24 after the victim's mother lodged a complaint on Sunday.
Following the complaint, the woman was sent to Beed Civil hospital for medical examination which confirmed rape, assistant police inspector Sayyed Asef said.
"We arrested Chintaman Kalyan Jadhav, who is the victim's uncle, on Monday and produced him in Beed court which sent him in police custody till December 31," Asef said.
- Across the aisle: The ethos of India wins the election
- Salvation of India rests with Modi, provided he reforms himself
- Not much time left for Modi's 'Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas'
- Let's admit, India among countries with highest levels of religious tolerance
- Inside Track: L K Advani's birthday business
- Bihar: what happened and why