Differently-abled girl raped, uncle-son duo arrested
- PM Modi to visit US in June, may address a joint sitting of Congress
- Bombay High Court allows BCCI to hold May 1 IPL 2016 match in Pune
- Disrupt finances of drug-terror nexus: Jaitley tells UN General Assembly
- Uttarakhand High Court slams Centre: You are creating chaos, undermining govt
- Kashmir: ‘Peaceful’ north on the boil, may fan simmer in south
A differently-abled woman was allegedly raped by her uncle and cousin at Lonighat village of Beed, police said.
Both the accused have been arrested, they said.
According to Neknoor police, the 23-year-old mentally challenged woman was allegedly raped by her uncle and cousin on various occasions this year at Lonighat village near Beed district of Maharashtra.
A case was registered against the accused – Chintaman Kalyan Jadhav and his son Ganesh Chintaman Jadhav - in this regard on December 24 after the victim's mother lodged a complaint on Sunday.
Following the complaint, the woman was sent to Beed Civil hospital for medical examination which confirmed rape, assistant police inspector Sayyed Asef said.
"We arrested Chintaman Kalyan Jadhav, who is the victim's uncle, on Monday and produced him in Beed court which sent him in police custody till December 31," Asef said.
- India should insist Pakistan arrest Masood Azhar under its own laws, in its own interests
- The poor and obscure uplift the quality of democracy
- Bhangra, books and bonhomie
- Cities at Crossroads: Setting cities free
- With sugar industry and politics twined, drought a manmade disaster in Maharashtra
- After the Kollam temple tragedy, reasoned debate has been given a go by