Differently-abled girl raped, uncle-son duo arrested
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) recognised as principal opposition party in Bihar, BJP protests
- SC extends Setalvad's interim bail and asks her lawyer Kapil Sibal not to 'act smart'
- Aero India Show: Stunt planes collide in mid-air, pilots safe
- Swine flu deaths soar to 663, number of cases cross 10,000
- Maratha Mandir brings down curtains on Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ
A differently-abled woman was allegedly raped by her uncle and cousin at Lonighat village of Beed, police said.
Both the accused have been arrested, they said.
According to Neknoor police, the 23-year-old mentally challenged woman was allegedly raped by her uncle and cousin on various occasions this year at Lonighat village near Beed district of Maharashtra.
A case was registered against the accused – Chintaman Kalyan Jadhav and his son Ganesh Chintaman Jadhav - in this regard on December 24 after the victim's mother lodged a complaint on Sunday.
Following the complaint, the woman was sent to Beed Civil hospital for medical examination which confirmed rape, assistant police inspector Sayyed Asef said.
"We arrested Chintaman Kalyan Jadhav, who is the victim's uncle, on Monday and produced him in Beed court which sent him in police custody till December 31," Asef said.
His son Ganesh Jadhav, the other accused in the case,who was on the run was nabbed yesterday. He was also produced in court yesterday which remanded him to police custody till January 1 next year, Asef added.