Differently-abled youth tied to car by friend, dragged nearly a kilometre
- Defiant Azam Khan stands by Kargil won by Muslim soldiers remark, gets EC notice
- Lok Sabha polls: Voting picks up in NE states; 40 per cent turnout in Manipur till noon
- SC refrains from staying government move to include Jats in OBC category
- Its image dented, and spread too thin, Aam Aadmi Party struggles in Delhi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: It's in Cong's character to make false promises to win elections, says Modi on Shinde's turf
A differently-abled youth was allegedly tied to a car by his friend and dragged nearly one kilometre over some differences with him at Tilwara on Saturday, police said.
Ajay alias Ajju Thakur (23) suffered serious injuries in the incident as he was tied to a car by his friend Devendra alias Dippu (40) and his two associates and was dragged, police said.
According to them, there was a heated argument between the victim and Devendra last night over the love interest of their friend Sanju. Following the argument, Devendra threatened Ajay with dire consequences.
Today, Devendra came to Ajay's house around 6 am with his friends, forcibly took him out and tied him to his car. Ajay sustained serious injuries after he was dragged behind their car, police said.
Police were informed about the incident and Ajay was later taken to the Government Medical Hospital for treatment. He is said to be in critical condition as most of his skin was peeled off badly.
According to police, one of Ajay's legs had to be amputated a year ago due to a bullet injury.
A case of attempt to murder has been registered against the accused in this regard and efforts were on to nab them, police said.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move