Differently-abled youth tied to car by friend, dragged nearly a kilometre
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
A differently-abled youth was allegedly tied to a car by his friend and dragged nearly one kilometre over some differences with him at Tilwara on Saturday, police said.
Ajay alias Ajju Thakur (23) suffered serious injuries in the incident as he was tied to a car by his friend Devendra alias Dippu (40) and his two associates and was dragged, police said.
According to them, there was a heated argument between the victim and Devendra last night over the love interest of their friend Sanju. Following the argument, Devendra threatened Ajay with dire consequences.
Today, Devendra came to Ajay's house around 6 am with his friends, forcibly took him out and tied him to his car. Ajay sustained serious injuries after he was dragged behind their car, police said.
Police were informed about the incident and Ajay was later taken to the Government Medical Hospital for treatment. He is said to be in critical condition as most of his skin was peeled off badly.
According to police, one of Ajay's legs had to be amputated a year ago due to a bullet injury.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2