Difficult times made me a better actress: Jennifer Lopez
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
Jennifer Lopez believes her difficult personal experiences have made her a better actress as she has been able to use her pain in her movie roles.
The 43-year-old, who returns to screens as Leslie Rodgers in upcoming crime thriller film 'Parker', said she used her pain to play her character in the movie, reported Femalefirst.
"I think I am now ready to really work as an actress. Maybe because I'm different now. I've suffered some experiences lately. These last years I've had to face life. The truth is, that must be it. To be a great actress you must live through difficult times in order to feel it and remember that pain," she said.
Lopez's personal life was in turmoil after she split from her husband Marc Anthony in April 2012 after seven years of marriage.
But the actress had recently said she isn't someone to give up on love and is very happy with her current boyfriend, 25-year-old back-up dancer Casper Smart.
"I am just one of those people who doesn't give up and I know if you just hang on you will live and you will love again. You have to hold on, it's going to happen again, it's going to be OK," she had said.