Digital smart card driving licences soon
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
Soon, smart card-based driving licences with biometric thumb impression and digital signatures will be issued in the state. The decision to this effect was taken at the cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav in Lucknow on Thursday.
The smart card-based licenses, which will use a software developed by Hyderabad-based National Informatics Centre, will help prevent fraud in issuing the driving licences.
For getting the licence, the applicant has to personally go to transport office and his biometric thumb impression, picture, digital signature will be taken. The information will be stored in a database, thus restricting the possibility of issuing another licence from any other district's transport office. The database will be used for development of a state register and a national register. In case of issuance of challan and any other penalty, the details will be stored in the chip of the licence for an effective action against the defaulter.
Subsidy to betel growers
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy