Digvijay Singh bereaved
- 1962 war report: Govt advocated caution, Army dictated policy that was militarily unsound
- Putin annexes Crimea, says it is Russiaâs in peopleâs hearts, minds
- BJP fields ex-Army chief V K Singh against Raj Bhabbar from Ghaziabad
- Congress third list out; Azhar to fight from Sawai Madhopur, Kalmadi won't get Pune
- Elections LIVE: AAP says Arvind Kejriwal will take on Narendra Modi in Varanasi
Asha Singh, wife of senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh, today breathed her last at a hospital here after battling cancer for several years.
She was 58 and died around 7 PM at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences in Vasant Kunj, where she was admitted a few days ago.
Doctors at the hospital said Asha suffered from advanced malignancy (advanced form of cancer) when she was brought to the institute.
"She breathed her last in the hospital around 7 PM. Her family including Digvijay Singh was present when she passed away," a senior doctor said. Asha was also treated at a US hospital for cancer a few months ago. She is survived by four daughters and one son.