Digvijay Singh compares Sushma Swaraj to Atal Behari Vajpayee, says she is fit to be PM
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
"BJP has five to six people who have the ability... If BJP has so many people capable of being Prime Minister then it is BJP's strength and not its weakness... There is a difference between claimants and those who are eligible.
Denying there is any claimant in her party for the top post, Sushma said the debate on the issue has been created by the media and the right person will be declared by the concerned party at an appropriate time.
"No party is debating who will be the PM. Only media is discussing this... Leave this issue to the parties and they will decide at an appropriate time through an appropriate forum," the BJP leader said.
"It will not be good to project someone for the PM's post", she said, adding a decision on this will depend on conditions prevailing at the time of selection.
Singh, when asked why Rahul Gandhi was not being projected as Congress' prime ministerial candidate, said, "He (Gandhi) has already expressed his desire to be in the party and work for it."
To a query why Rahul has not visited Gujarat for campaigning, he said, " Every election has its timing and necessary strategies are made for it."
Sushma when asked whether Rahul's style of politics lacks confidence said, "Every person has a style of politics. It is not good to copy it."
Asked to compare the abilities of Modi with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Sushma said, "This is not the place for this question... Both have done a good job."
On allegations of corruption against BJP president Nitin Gadkari, she said he has already expressed his agreement for an investigation into the issue.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2