Digvijay Singh must come out with evidence against BJP: Kapil Sibal
- Shooting in US military base leaves four persons dead, 14 injured
- IPL officials, owners and 12 players named in secret report to Supreme Court
- Narendra Modi Pak, US dono ko thhokega: BJP South Delhi candidate Ramesh Bidhuri
- Whoâs probing IM? NIA, Delhi Police stories different: HC
- Doubts surface over murdered Qateelâs âconfessionâ to police
Congress leader Digvijay Singh who claimed to have evidence of corruption against some BJP leaders, should come out with it, Union Minister Kapil Sibal said today.
At an event organised by a Aaj Tak TV channel, Union Telecom Minister said that in democracy, if a person is having any evidence of corruption against someone, then it is his responsibility to make it public.
"You ask Digvijay Singh about this. This is dangerous for democracy. If you have evidence against someone, then it is your responsibility to produce it in front of the public," Sibal said.
He was asked to comment on Singh's recent statement that to has evidence of graft against some BJP leaders but is not willing to come out with it.
"Not only me. There were lot of things, which came out during the NDA regime. But did Congress party ever use that. We will never use this... If I say, I do not have it (evidence against kin of L K Advani and Atal Bihari Vajpayee), then it is not correct," Singh had said during a TV interview recently.
Sibal along with BJP's Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and CPI(M)'s senior leader Sitaram Yechury also fielded questions on future leadership of the country during next general elections.
Both Sibal and Jaitely refused to comment on future leadership of their parties and said that it will be decided at an appropriate time.
Asked to comment on Rahul Gandhi's candidature for the post of Prime Minister from Congress, Sibal said, "First I will like to say that please leave it to the Congress party to decide what will happen in 2014. Please wait till 2014."
He insisted that future leadership of the country will come from Congress party only.
"It is sure that all leaders will emerge from Congress party only and Congress leadership will present itself in front of you," Sibal said.
- Panel points out holes in report on trees cut, writes to civic chief
- Man who made hoax calls to Jet Airways acquitted
- Metro not quite a vote puller for people in areas it runs
- Stir ends, BEST postpones new work schedule to June 1
- RBI banks on Bandhan, trusts Kolkata NBFC with rare licence
- Gujarat to SC: Woman knew of snooping, was thankful