Digvijay Singh says has 'terror' proof against RSS, links Advani, Sushma to Pragya Singh Thakur
- Narendra Modi to contest from Varanasi, Rajnath from Lucknow
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- MH370 continued flying for 6 hours, could have gone towards Kazakhstan or south of Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
Taking potshots at the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) over the ongoing war of words over Sushil Kumar Shinde's 'saffron terror' remark, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Monday said there is foolproof evidence in support of the allegation levelled by the Union Home Minister.
A gloating Digvijay said, "For years the media and political parties called me mad when I said RSS linked to terror, today I am very happy that this has been officially stated by the Home Minister himself".
"Home Minister has said the same things, whatever I was saying for the past eleven years. There are some people in the RSS who are providing training for terrorist activities, and are themselves involved in such activities. He said this because he has evidence. The fact has been proved, investigation is going on, and some people have been arrested in the matter," said Singh.
Reacting to RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav latest remark in response to Shinde's comments that terrorist groups like the 'Lashkar-e-Taiba and the Jamaat-ud-Dawa should have congratulated Shinde for his comments', Singh said that RSS must clarify whether people, including slain Sunil Joshi, Ramjee Kalangsara, Sandeep Dange, Lokesh Sharma are associated with them or not.
Citing that the RSS and BJP have an inseparable association in this regard, Singh also sought clarification as to why senior BJP leader L K Advani and Sushma Swaraj have met the Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh, and requested that he favour Sadhvi Pragya Thakur and Colonel Purohit, when they were arrested?
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy