Digvijay Singh slams MP govt over 8-yr-old's body found near minister's residence
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
Slamming the BJP government for deteriorating law and order situation in Madhya Pradesh, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh said it was "disgusting" that the body of an 8-year-old girl was found near the residence of state Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta.
"It is disgusting that the body of an 8-year-old girl was found near Mr Gupta's residence," Singh said on Tuesday.
The mutilated body of an eight-year-old girl was recovered from the busy T T Nagar area, located close to Gupta's residence, here yesterday.
The girl had gone missing on Sunday evening after she went to the Bhopal Utsav Mela, following which her parents lodged a missing person's report with the local police.
The body was found near debris of dismantled houses in the north T T Nagar area.
Digvijay said the incident was an example of the manner in which the law and order situation in the state had collapsed.
The ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh has always been making tall claims about controlling the law and order situation in the state, he alleged.
"This incident alone shows the hollowness of the claims made by the BJP," Singh said.
Singh also expressed concern over the fact that the culprit was not arrested so far.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer