Digvijay Singh slams MP govt over 8-yr-old's body found near minister's residence
- PM silent on One Rank One Pension, upset defence veterans plan nation-wide agitation
- Relentless heatwave continues, death toll rises to nearly 700
- 'Manmohan Singh warned me of harm if I did not cooperate on 2G issue'
- BJP MLA marshalled out of Delhi Assembly for criticising Speaker
- Bypolls to 6 seats in 5 states on June 27, Jaya to contest on one
Slamming the BJP government for deteriorating law and order situation in Madhya Pradesh, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh said it was "disgusting" that the body of an 8-year-old girl was found near the residence of state Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta.
"It is disgusting that the body of an 8-year-old girl was found near Mr Gupta's residence," Singh said on Tuesday.
The mutilated body of an eight-year-old girl was recovered from the busy T T Nagar area, located close to Gupta's residence, here yesterday.
The girl had gone missing on Sunday evening after she went to the Bhopal Utsav Mela, following which her parents lodged a missing person's report with the local police.
The body was found near debris of dismantled houses in the north T T Nagar area.
Digvijay said the incident was an example of the manner in which the law and order situation in the state had collapsed.
The ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh has always been making tall claims about controlling the law and order situation in the state, he alleged.
"This incident alone shows the hollowness of the claims made by the BJP," Singh said.
Singh also expressed concern over the fact that the culprit was not arrested so far.