Digvijay Singh takes a dig at BJP over Rs 5 fee for Modi's meeting
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh today took potshots at BJP for charging Rs 5 per person for attending Narendra Modi's public meeting in Hyderabad, terming it as a "marketing genius".
"BJP and RSS are Genius in Marketing. They are selling Modi as a Product for 5 per person ! Amazing ! Hats off to their Marketing Genius !," Singh commented on the micro blogging site Twitter.
BJP's Andhra Pradesh unit is collecting a registration fee of Rs 5 per person to attend a public meeting to be addressed by the Gujarat Chief Minister and the party's election campaign committee chief Modi in Hyderabad on August 11.
Congress has repeatedly targeted the BJP accusing it of "Monitising democracy" ever since the party made an announcement regarding it in Hyderabad on Monday.
Besides speaking from party foras and talking to television channels, a number of Congress leaders have taken the Twitter route to slam Modi on this issue.
"Baba Pravachan Ticket Rs. 100-100,000. Cinema ticket Rs. 200-500 even for box office flop. Ticket to hear a CM Rs. 5. Market discovers true value. "BJP's listening Tax Rs 5 maybe market discovery price. What would be speaking Tax imposed on 1.2 billion? Monitising democracy/pure fascism!," Union Minister Manish Tewari had tweeted a day after BJP announced it.
The Lal Bahadur Stadium in central Hyderabad is the venue for the meeting and the target is to mobilise one lakh people in the age group of 18-40. The BJP has already started registration process and it will continue till August 10. Another Congress general secretary Shakeel Ahmed asked whether Modi was trying to "fool" students in a reference to Modi's address to students and faculty at the Ferguson College in Pune a few days back. "Was Modi trying to fool Pune college students & youngsters by telling them that China spends 20% of GDP on education? Correct figure is 4%," Ahmed tweeted.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress