Digvijay Singh's brother Laxman returns to Congress after BJP-stint
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh's younger brother Laxman Singh has re-joined the party.
Congress general secretary in-charge of Madhya Pradesh B K Hariprasad informed about the decision to state party unit president Kantilal Bhuria yesterday, an official release said today.
Bhuria congratulated Laxman Singh and said the party will further strengthen with his return.
Laxman had left Congress in 2004 and after joining BJP he fought the 2004 Lok Sabha election successfully on its ticket from Rajgarh. However, he failed to retain the seat in 2009 elections and since then he was trying to return to the Congress.
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment
- Now that Bihar’s women have voted, what about their economic rights?
- Sedition and political speech
- Indian channels have a lot to learn from the international coverage of 13/11
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia