Digvijaya: Haji Ali Dargah ban on women a Taliban-like step
- Lok Sabha elections: First phase of polling ends, Assam records 72 pc voting, Tripura 80 pc
- Modiâs mark on BJP manifesto
- Possible signals from lost jet's black boxes heard
- Revenge remark: EC issues notice to Amit Shah
- April 7 Campaign roundup: BJP talking of minority welfare is like Dracula heading blood bank, says Congress; AAP will not even win a single seat in LS polls, says Kalyan Singh
Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh Wednesday termed the ban on entry of women into Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai as a "regressive step", adding that "Talibani thought" cannot be allowed in India.
"Not allowing women to visit Haji Ali is a regressive step. Liberal Muslims must rise to oppose it. Can't allow Talibani thought in India," Singh wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter.