Digvijaya Singh targets Modi over Run for Unity
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Targeting BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Congress General Secretary Digvijaya Singh on Sunday said it was an irony that "a man running away from unity was asking you to run for unity".
Modi on Sunday flagged off Run For Unity, a nationwide event which seeks to drum up support for his pet project, Sardar Patel's gigantic statue to be put up in Narmada river.
In a tweet, Digvijaya referred to Modi's alleged complicity in facilitating 2002 Gujarat riots, his divisive image and the allegation that BJP MLAs accused in connection with recent Muzaffarnagar riots were felicitated by him.
Taking potshots at BJP and Modi, Digvijaya Singh tweeted, "Who divided the body politic of India is organising a Unity Run in memory of Sardar Patel who charged RSS of communalising India."
"What an irony! Who organised demolition of Babri Masjid, who allowed innocent to be killed in 2002, who honoured accused of Muzaffarnagar riots," Singh added on Twitter.