Dijvijay Singh blames Baba Ramdev, Arvind Kejriwal for violence in Delhi protest
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Congress leader Dijvijay Singh today alleged that violence erupted at India Gate during protest against Delhi gangrape case after Yoga Guru Ramdev and Arvind Kejriwal reached the spot.
Singh also lashed out at media over the incident.
"The violence started during the agitation after Ramdev and Kejriwal reached there...Subhash Tomar, a constable was killed but the media is presenting a boy, who is claiming that he took him to the hospital," Singh said, addressing a party convention at Congress office here.
Lashing out at media, Singh said, "It appears that it is media, which register FIR, sue the accused and give its verdict."
"The rape is condemnable, but police have arrested all the accused within three days," he said.
On demand of capital punishment for rapists, Singh said a judicial commission has been constituted by the Centre to make amendment in the existing law.