Dijvijay Singh blames Baba Ramdev, Arvind Kejriwal for violence in Delhi protest
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
Congress leader Dijvijay Singh today alleged that violence erupted at India Gate during protest against Delhi gangrape case after Yoga Guru Ramdev and Arvind Kejriwal reached the spot.
Singh also lashed out at media over the incident.
"The violence started during the agitation after Ramdev and Kejriwal reached there...Subhash Tomar, a constable was killed but the media is presenting a boy, who is claiming that he took him to the hospital," Singh said, addressing a party convention at Congress office here.
Lashing out at media, Singh said, "It appears that it is media, which register FIR, sue the accused and give its verdict."
"The rape is condemnable, but police have arrested all the accused within three days," he said.
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage