Dilip Kumar reconnects with fans on Twitter
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
It took a bit of encouragement from his old friend Amitabh Bachchan, but Dilip Kumar finally did take the plunge to join the popular micro-blogging website, Twitter. The veteran actor opened his account with the twitter handle @TheDilipKumar and posted his first tweet on his 89th birthday on December 11. His first tweet, appreciating the love from his fans, read, "Thank you all of you who have made my simple life so rich with all your love". This was received with instant overwhelming response and birthday wishes, and was seen trending on Twitter too.
The actor, who has stayed away from the media glare owing to ill-health, already has close to 1,500 followers. He, however, is following only two people, Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan, whom Kumar and his wife Saira Banu are also close to. Bachchan, who met Kumar on his birthday on Sunday, welcomed him on the micro-blogging site, announcing his handle with the tweet, "Please welcome the Master, the Thespian, the Ultimate .. Dilip Kumar, Dilip Saheb, Yusuf Khan".
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.
- Describing soldiers who died in Uri as martyrs does them a disservice
- Claiming Shahabuddin is irrelevant in Nitish Kumar’s Bihar sidesteps the truth
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue
- GST is reform long delayed, but there may be good reason not to hurry it through now