Dilip Kumar won't celebrate his 90th birthday
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
Recently there were murmurs that veteran actor Dilip Kumar would be celebrating his 90th birthday on Dec 11 by throwing a bash at his home for his close friends and colleagues. However, the legendary actor dismisses all such rumours and has categorically stated that he is no mood to celebrate following the demise of people close to him including Rajesh Khanna, Dara Singh, Yash Chopra and Shiv Sena supremo Balasaheb Thackeray.
Dilip Kumar shared a warm and cordial relation with most of his colleagues from the film industry and was also very close to Bal Thackeray. With so many of his dear friends and colleagues no more, the actor has decided to have no special birthday celebrations this year.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.