Dilip Vengsarkar, Ajit Wadekar bat for M S Dhoni
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Former Indian captains Dilip Vengsarkar and Ajit Wadekar batted for current skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni who has been facing a lot of criticism of late for the cricket team's failures.
"At the moment Dhoni is the only one in form. He should continue... India do not have an option," Vengsarkar told reporters after reaching here along with Ajit Wadekar to attend the golden jubilee celebration of a city-based sports club.
On the performance of Pakistan, Vengsarkar said,"Pakistan played extremely well. I think they played better in
all departments of the game."
"India need to improve a lot as the coming matches with England are very important," the batsman of yesteryears added.
Terming India coach Duncan Fletcher as "less than average", he said the team has been losing ever since the
Zimbabwean took over.
Vengsarkar, former chairman of the selection committee, also held excess cricket as one of the factors responsible for the recent failures of India.
"Excess of matches like World Cup, Tests, ODIs and T20s is responsible to a certain extent," he said.
Wadekar also praised Dhoni for his performance.
"He has been responsible for victory of Team India on many occasions," Wadekar said.
Another former skipper, Rahul Dravid, too, arrived here to attend the programme.
- Kejriwal-Centre showdown likely as AAP set to table Janlokpal Bill despite Law Ministryâ€™sÂ view
- Arvind Kejriwal may resign today over Jan Lokpal Bill, Cong and BJP unite in opposition
- Arvind Kejriwal and Narendra Modi: Twitter profile | The Indian Express
- â€˜I asked my wife to stop joking when she said Rs 3.75Â croreâ€™