Dilli Haat at Janakpuri promises to be bigger, better and cooler
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Modi in TN, Jaya first time targets BJP
- Election Live: Vajpayee weekest PM, tweets Sanjay Jha; Congress insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws, says Modi
Janakpuri is all set to become a little more 'happening', thanks to a Dilli Haat that will come up in the area within the next two years.
According to the authorities, the haat will be larger than its two cousins. Unlike the others, a major portion of the establishment — encompassing at least 30 stalls in the food court — will be fully air-conditioned. ¿We have noticed that during summers, the footfalls at Dilli Haat comes down drastically. We mean to ensure that such situations do not occur here," said a senior DTTDC official.
The food court will be a two-storey structure with an atrium, instead of being spread over a large area like the other two haats.
Unlike its poorer cousins, the Dilli Haat at Janakpuri will also have a fine-dining option and a banquet facility. ¿It will be a world-class facility. All required permissions have been granted and the construction firm has also been chosen. Now, awarding the work is the only task that remains," said MD DTTDC, G G Saxsena.
For the first time, the government will also provide accommodation to artisans. There will be a 120-bed hostel, which will be available at a nominal price to artisans. "At present, artisans are not allowed to stay in Dilli Haats beyond 10 pm. As many of them come from remote parts of the country and find it tough to travel in Delhi, the hostel will definitely benefit them" the official added. Other than this, a 70-seater youth hostel is also being built here.
The DTTDC will be using bamboo for the first time while constructing the Janakpuri Dilli Haat. The five key structures of the haat will be covered with bamboo to make them look exotic. These structures include the music store, museum of music instruments, a fine dining restaurant, banquet hall and the tTourism department office.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit