Dilli Haat at Janakpuri promises to be bigger, better and cooler
- Rahul Gandhi fasts with agitating students at Hyd university, BJP calls it 'cheap politics'
- Classic politics of vulturisation: BJP on Rahul's visit to Hyd University
- Month before budget, Raghuram Rajan cautions: Don’t overspend to spur growth
- Solar scam: Kerala HC grants Chandy some relief as Saritha targets his son
- Centre justifies President’s rule in Arunachal: ‘Threat from China, war-like situation’
Janakpuri is all set to become a little more 'happening', thanks to a Dilli Haat that will come up in the area within the next two years.
According to the authorities, the haat will be larger than its two cousins. Unlike the others, a major portion of the establishment — encompassing at least 30 stalls in the food court — will be fully air-conditioned. ¿We have noticed that during summers, the footfalls at Dilli Haat comes down drastically. We mean to ensure that such situations do not occur here," said a senior DTTDC official.
The food court will be a two-storey structure with an atrium, instead of being spread over a large area like the other two haats.
Unlike its poorer cousins, the Dilli Haat at Janakpuri will also have a fine-dining option and a banquet facility. ¿It will be a world-class facility. All required permissions have been granted and the construction firm has also been chosen. Now, awarding the work is the only task that remains," said MD DTTDC, G G Saxsena.
For the first time, the government will also provide accommodation to artisans. There will be a 120-bed hostel, which will be available at a nominal price to artisans. "At present, artisans are not allowed to stay in Dilli Haats beyond 10 pm. As many of them come from remote parts of the country and find it tough to travel in Delhi, the hostel will definitely benefit them" the official added. Other than this, a 70-seater youth hostel is also being built here.
The DTTDC will be using bamboo for the first time while constructing the Janakpuri Dilli Haat. The five key structures of the haat will be covered with bamboo to make them look exotic. These structures include the music store, museum of music instruments, a fine dining restaurant, banquet hall and the tTourism department office.
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies