Diplomat's arrest: Rahul Gandhi refuses to meet US delegation
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- April 11 Campaign roundup: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
Escalating India's protest against the US for the humiliation meted out to its deputy consul general in New York, Devyani Khobragade, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday refused to meet a visiting US congressional delegation, a meeting with which was slated on Tuesday morning.
Khobragade was arrested and handcuffed in public view last week on charges of visa fraud.
According to reports, 39-year-old Khobragade was strip-searched and confined with drug addicts after her detention.
On Monday, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar and NSA Shivshankar Menon had refused to meet the delegation in retaliation against the US move.
The 1999-batch IFS was detained from near her children's school and taken into custody last week in New York before being released on a $250,000 bond after pleading not guilty in court.
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Modi’s 3D avatar a hit in Jasdan