Diplomat's arrest: Rahul Gandhi refuses to meet US delegation
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK remove KXIP openers in a hurry
Escalating India's protest against the US for the humiliation meted out to its deputy consul general in New York, Devyani Khobragade, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday refused to meet a visiting US congressional delegation, a meeting with which was slated on Tuesday morning.
Khobragade was arrested and handcuffed in public view last week on charges of visa fraud.
According to reports, 39-year-old Khobragade was strip-searched and confined with drug addicts after her detention.
On Monday, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar and NSA Shivshankar Menon had refused to meet the delegation in retaliation against the US move.
The 1999-batch IFS was detained from near her children's school and taken into custody last week in New York before being released on a $250,000 bond after pleading not guilty in court.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer