Director Mehul Kumar sentenced to 2 years imprisonment
- AAP manifesto: Jan Lokpal, justice system party's top priority
- Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry arrested for vandalising Modi posters
- Modi wants EC to take action against Sonia, says Cong chief resorting to 'rabid communalism'
- Shakti Mills gangrape convicts repeat offenders, says court; may face death sentence
- Sri Lanka vs West Indies Live Cricket Score: Malinga double spells trouble for Windies
Director of yesteryear hit films like Krantiveer and Tiranga has been facing some serious financial trouble for some time now. With legal cases for nonpayment of dues mounting up, Mehul Kumar seems to be heading for a storm. Adding to his woes is a recent ruling by a Jaipur court that sentenced him to a two-year term in a cheque bounce case. However, he was later released on bail.
The court's ruling came following a complaint lodged by Manmohandas Mundada and Sunil Bansal, stating that Kumar had borrowed Rs. 50 lakhs from Mundada and paid the amount through a cheque that was not honoured. While in a separate case, another cheque, worth Rs. 10 lakhs that was given to Sunil Bansal too was not honoured.
Apparently, according the latest ruling, Kumar had to give Bansal Rs. 10 lakhs but with the added interest, the court has asked him to pay Rs. 17 lakhs. Furthermore, he has to pay Rs 46 lakhs interest to Mundada, which means he has to shell out Rs. 96 lakhs to Mundada.
If the already unthinkable amount wasn't enough, Kumar also owes various banks and private individuals a significant amount of money.
However, Mehul Kumar rubbished the allegations against him saying that it is all just a conspiracy against him.
- Real science is in small laboratories: Prof Rao
- Unguarded and unkempt, vacant govt houses cry for attention
- Won’t become a politician, will carry forward husband legacy: Savita Bhatti
- Congress screening panel okays Bansal’s name for Lok Sabha ticket
- Gujarat minister Saurabh Patel may reply to EC notice: ‘I’m related to Ambanis’
- SC exonerates BJP leader Bokhiria in businessman murder case