Director Mehul Kumar sentenced to 2 years imprisonment
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Director of yesteryear hit films like Krantiveer and Tiranga has been facing some serious financial trouble for some time now. With legal cases for nonpayment of dues mounting up, Mehul Kumar seems to be heading for a storm. Adding to his woes is a recent ruling by a Jaipur court that sentenced him to a two-year term in a cheque bounce case. However, he was later released on bail.
The court's ruling came following a complaint lodged by Manmohandas Mundada and Sunil Bansal, stating that Kumar had borrowed Rs. 50 lakhs from Mundada and paid the amount through a cheque that was not honoured. While in a separate case, another cheque, worth Rs. 10 lakhs that was given to Sunil Bansal too was not honoured.
Apparently, according the latest ruling, Kumar had to give Bansal Rs. 10 lakhs but with the added interest, the court has asked him to pay Rs. 17 lakhs. Furthermore, he has to pay Rs 46 lakhs interest to Mundada, which means he has to shell out Rs. 96 lakhs to Mundada.
If the already unthinkable amount wasn't enough, Kumar also owes various banks and private individuals a significant amount of money.
However, Mehul Kumar rubbished the allegations against him saying that it is all just a conspiracy against him.
- Woman murdered, body found in trunk
- Identity politics
- Lack of legal power hampers probe into missing Malaysian Airlines jet
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express