Disabled boy gets patent for 6 players' chess
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: DD draw first blood, McCullum departs early
A nine-year-old wheelchair-ridden boy suffering from a rare genetic disease has set an exemplary example by getting a patent for his invention of six-player circular chess here.
Despite suffering from duchenne muscular dystrophy, a progressive degenerative disorder of muscle tissue which affects only males, Hridayeshwar Singh Bhati - a class-IV student of Delhi Public School - has made an innovative version of circular chess for two, three, four and six players.
"So far, four-player circular chess was available. Hridayeshwar is the youngest disabled person in the world to get the patent for invention," his father S S Bhati said.
He said that Hridayeshwar developed liking for the game when he began his studies.
"I wanted all my friends to play chess at one time so I asked my father to buy me another chess board for this purpose. He said no such chess board was available so I conceived the idea for developing such chess board," the kid said.
Hridayeshwar's father, a math teacher, assisted him in developing the design.
"The idea and design is created by my son. He applied his own thought but as a math teacher, I assisted him geometrically," Bhari said.
"We are now working on a chess board on which 60 players can play together. Commercialisation is not the motive...it is aimed at inspiring others that despite worst condition, one can give best results," he said.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota