Disabled from state to march to CM’s residence today to press for demands
- National Herald case: Supreme Court orders Sonia, Rahul Gandhi to face trial
- 26/11 Mumbai attackers were getting directions from control room in Karachi, admits Headley
- Anti-India acts cannot be tolerated, say Rajnath, Smriti on JNU row
- 26/11 deposition: Sparks fly after Headley repeats Ishrat-LeT link
- Gravitational waves: A leap towards theory of everything
Disabled persons from across the state will march from Sant Tukaram samadhi at Dehu to Chief Minister's residence in Mumbai on Monday to pressurise the state government to fulfill their long-pending demands. Prahar Apang Kranti Andolan, an association working for welfare of the disabled, has organised the march.
"We have launched a 'save disabled persons movement'. The physically challenged have been suffering for ages owing to the callous attitude of the government and general disregard of the society. The government is failing to fulfill their basic needs," said Bacchhu Bhau Kadu, MLA and founder of the Prahar Arpan Kranti Andolan.