Disappointed to miss series: Pathan
- BJP defends Narendra Modi's aide Amit Shah's 'badla' remark, says he 'captured the mood of the nation'
- AAP attacks BJP on Babri sting, says it owes on explanation
- MH370 fallout: AirAsia withdraws inflight magazine after it said our well-trained pilots would 'never lose a plane'
- After NYPD cop arrest at IGI, US tells India to get past tensions and move on
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP playing divisive politics ahead of polls, alleges Congress
A dodgy knee has kept Irfan Pathan out of action and the all-rounder is really disappointed that he won't be a part of the India-Pakistan limited overs series that started in Bangalore today. "It's a big series and I am looking forward towards India doing well. It's unfortunate that I am not part of the Indiansquad due to knee injury. The rivalry between India and Pakistan is bigger than Ashes," Irfan said.
Pathan has not played since sustaining a knee injury after the first Ranji Trophy match against Karnataka in early November. Pathan said he would put his money on all-rounder Yuvraj Singh to be the "impact player" of the series and exuded confidence about India emerging triumphant.
"We are playing a lot of matches these days, so we are in an advantageous position. Pakistan have not played that many matches, so we have that advantage. Another positive aspect is that we are playing at home. I pray for the Indian team's victory. It's always an entertaining battle," Pathan stated.
Talking about his return to the international cricket, Pathan said, "Hopefully, I will be back in three-four weeks time. I am hoping to get fully fit within a month's time. I will go back to the NCA, prove my fitness and return to the international fold."
Pathan also paid rich tributes to Sachin Tendulkar, who drew the curtains on his long and illustrious ODI career. "Sachin is a great player. A legend. We should celebrate his achievements on the field rather than thinking negatively on this aspect. We will definitely miss him and his absence will be felt in the dressing room. "
- Besides Article 370, Ayodhya, VHP demands jobs for Hindu youths
- Congress's agenda is to establish Rahul at the “cost of nation”: Modi
- Mehbooba Mufti, 13 others file nominations in Anantnag
- Passenger tries to end life inside plane at Hyderabad airport
- Ramdev defends Shah's 'badla' remarks
- Nation can't be ruled by event manager: Congress on Advani's Modi remarks