'Disastrous' consequences of wrong decision on Afzal: JKLF
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
Amid calls for execution of 2001 Parliament attack death row convict Afzal Guru after the hanging of Ajmal Kasab yesterday, separatist JKLF today warned of "disastrous consequences" if the Centre takes any "wrong decision" about him.
"If the Indian state repeats its mistake (of hanging JKLF founder Mohammad Maqbool Bhat) and takes any wrong decision about Mohammad Afzal Guru, it will have disastrous consequences for the whole region," JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik said in a statement here.
The Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front leader said after the hanging of Kasab, BJP and some Congress leaders have raised their rhetoric demanding hanging of Guru which has set a wave of concern among the Kashmiris.
- Chance discovery of a photograph led to the arrest of two policemen, two others in murder case
- Death sentence: Man used company’s car to kidnap teen, it led to arrest of all three
- Kievan halves
- Khurshid likely to meet Pakistani counterpart today
- Tenants murdered landlady, daughter to claim ownership of house: Police
- Common causes