'Disastrous' consequences of wrong decision on Afzal: JKLF
- J&K crisis: Governor asks PDP, BJP to clarify stand on govt formation
- Inexcusable: Delhi Police brutally assault student protesters outside RSS HQs
- Andhra quota stir takes violent turn, train set on fire
- MS Dhoni's 'great speech' to team after whitewash: ‘Don’t slip from here’
- Is Gujarat not part of India? SC questions failure in implementing MNREGA, Food Act
Amid calls for execution of 2001 Parliament attack death row convict Afzal Guru after the hanging of Ajmal Kasab yesterday, separatist JKLF today warned of "disastrous consequences" if the Centre takes any "wrong decision" about him.
"If the Indian state repeats its mistake (of hanging JKLF founder Mohammad Maqbool Bhat) and takes any wrong decision about Mohammad Afzal Guru, it will have disastrous consequences for the whole region," JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik said in a statement here.
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms
- The public university is becoming insecure, narrow-minded and conservative
- Building on the Jan Dhan framework, India should move from price to income support
- Haryana panchayat poll outcome does not reflect the state’s social composition
- India’s education system is terribly out of step with the times
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis