Disgrace to profession, teacher forces 4-year-old to drink urine
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
The East Godavari district education officer today directed the head of the Ananparthy corporate schools to conduct an inquiry and submit a report on the incident of a teacher "allegedly forcing a four-year-old boy to drink his own urine".
A four-year-old student, studying in LKG at Satyabhama English Medium school at Ananparthy, yesterday while urgently wanting to go to the toilet, urinated in a plastic bottle in the class.
On noticing the incident, the teacher, Gouri, asked the student drink the urine, the police said.
The boy later informed the matter to his parents.
Today morning, the child's parents went to the Ananparthy police station and registered a case following which the matter was referred to the district education officer (DEO).
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within